Tuesday 2 March 2010

Finished scenes



Here are some shots I managed to finish today in After Effects. Let me know what you think guys.I really like the way this static shot came out. Although it is static, the dust layer really brings this shot to life. We just need to add a wind sound effect to this shot and this scene will be perfect.

This was a tough scene to do as I had to parent and animate the background layer and dust layer to the 3D desert terrain. It looks like a relatively simple shot however there are a lot of layers here. I took a photograph of my Dad's car's dashboard which can be seen at the bottom left of the screen, I believe this provides something familiar to the scene which the viewer can relate to, it also makes the interior less empty and more interesting and realistic. I also took film of a swinging card pass which hangs from the roof of the cockpit of the vehicle. This adds movement and additional animation to make the scene more interesting and to inject a little life to an otherwise dull scene. I also filmed a movie of my Dad to create the driver's reflection. This too helps to bring life to the film. The cockpit windscreen is a basic layer made in photoshop which was animated in adobe after effects to depict the illusion of uneven terrain and to give a sense of the motion of the vehicle. I also added soot near the corners of the panes of glass as extra detail to make the vehicle used and weathered. I was concerned that the sky was a little too pink so Tom and I graded it so that the background was more orange thus creating the illusion that the vehicle had orange tinted glass. This was as they say, a happy accident and seems to fit rather nicely. This scene looks quite decent and adds a new dimension to the film, it also seems to humanise the environment too.

No comments:

Post a Comment